I need to tweak things around here!!!

I have been struggling a lot lately to keep up with my life. I actually look at how things are going and am seeing that everything is kind of undone or done half way. I am not being the mom God wants me to be. I am snappy and not giving of myself. My devotions have suffered greatly for a few weeks (which is most likely the source of all my issues.) School has been rough and my church cleaning is a struggle. I am forgetting appointments and my house is a mess, I have so much de-cluttering to do, which I love to do, but need to find time. We need to decide if we are going to sell our house as is or do some work to it. We can ask more for it if we do some work. But we seriously don't have time and are not in the position to  hire someone to do it.  Ken and I had been walking  and I had been doing other things at home faithfully and I was feeling great. I have gone backwards in that area too. We just haven't had time to walk together. I sure miss it. My fave part of the day is spending time with Ken. It's even better if we are exercising at the same time.  I love being active and healthy. The feeling of a good work out is amazing!  Being healthy is part of Christian living. Whether you are thin, heavy or in between, it's not just about the scale. It is about your health and fitness level.  It is not a gray area. It is black and white. It sure is a tough one for me though.  I also have thoughts about moving, ministry, schools for Josh, Micah's scan and other things swirling.

I am someone who thrives on structure and organization and this is simply not working.

Yikes! This is an extra honest one. It is easy for me to talk about my emotional struggles or my hurting heart or tell you what the Lord is doing, but talking about how I am failing..... That is another story.

So instead of continuing to be frustrated and disobedient, with God's help I am going to get back on track.

So I sat down tonight and made a new schedule. I may have to tweek it, but we will see. If I do devotions first, get my exercising done and I put everything else in a slot, maybe I can free my mind up a little and focus on one thing at a time.


6-7 am - devotions, workout


7-8:15 - help Ken get out the door, shower, tidy up, breakfast, meal thinking - no computer during this time.


8:15-8:30 - get ready for school


8:30-10 - devotions, school


10-10:30 - break for kids, me pick a drawer or shelf to organize.


10:30-11:30 - school


11:30-1 - lunch, tidy with everyone


1-2 - me time - blog, email, rest, read, Josh and Micah - quiet school


2-3 - kids - game, park, outside?


3-4 - clean church or house


4-5 - cook supper

In the evening, I will do wash, make sure things are organized for the next day, make Ken's lunch, hopefully walk with Ken for sometime together and extra exercise, have some computer time or do a little reading.

I also have to make sure I block an hour or so of time on Saturday to do the next week's planning for school. Maybe it will be easier, if I clean a little more of the church through the week, so it's not all left for Saturday. I also find if I have a more relaxed day on Sat at home to clean up the house, finish off the wash, plan school etc, my Sunday is way more relaxed. I am not busy thinking about everything I didn't get done.

KKKKK, that is the plan. Whoo, it helped me to write this down.

 Now to do it! (O: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comments

  1. You go girl!!! I'll do the same thing:0) I need to spring clean the house, and a schedule would help tremendously. I'm making one tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment