I need to tweak things around here #2!!

Number 1 was yesterday, just under this post! (O;

I have been thinking a lot about the last post as we discussed it on facebook and realized that I missed a very important part! It's a no kidding thought!!!

Last post, I very much concentrated on the physical aspects. They are very important. God is a god of order. In order for a family to function properly and efficiently a house must be organized. There is no doubt. I will work at keeping that schedule. But I do know that there are much more important things than a clean house. I am not interested in a spotless unlived in house. I just need order and to not feel like I am forgetting  to open the church or forgetting about Micah's weekly pitching clinic. I want to get rid of the tears that sit on the surface when I am surrounded by chaos.

But in the last years I have learned such an important truth that I have to share.

We need to live for the eternal.

I have found joy in the past by choosing to spend a little extra time in my devotions with the kids. By dropping what I am doing for 2 minutes to go look at something they made instead of saying, "later". By crouching down and looking in their eyes when they talk to me instead of turning my back and saying, "uhuh". By taking the teachable moments I often miss and sit with them and discuss a certain heart attitude they are displaying or explain why or why not something was wise or unwise. By stopping to pray with the kids when we are talking about  someone or something that needs prayer. These are the things that matter in the forever. It takes part in shaping our relationship with the Lord and the kids. It takes a part in shaping the kids relationship with the Lord and us.

I want to find that joy again.

I don't have time to write more! Haha! (o:

Comments