Scan Date

Micah's next scan is April 24 at 8:30 am. He will have an MRI of his abdomen and chest.

As I wrote here, Micah's last MRI was tough. It was supposed to take an hour, but took 1.5 hrs, because of Micah's tears. So I am not sure how long this one will be because they are doing his ab as well. Could it be 2 hrs? I sure hope not.

This time we will be more prepared. We will start praying with him specifically about it now, that God will give him peace.  We will bring Odysseys to listen to. As well, I am planning to give him an Ativan just before to relax him at bit.

I was wondering if you would hold us up in prayer that morning. I know it is not a huge thing. It's just a scan!!! But these long scans are hard on his heart. He can easily lay still, that is not an issue at all. As he gets older, he is thinking more about scan results. What a burden for such a  little guy. Please pray that he will give it over to the Lord.

I know I wrote this before, but this is such a big one for us. It is the scan that tells us he has been cancer free for 2 years. Praise God. It is the scan that tells us that I can start packing the boxes to move. It tells us if Micah is going to get his port out. That a lone is such a step of faith for us. It also tells us that we can move his scans to every 6 months. That last one makes me cry. It makes me cry because I am happy, but it also makes me cry because I am scared. Micah's cancer grew so quickly in the 3 months when he relapsed. It was relatively big when we found it. In 6 months....I just don't know..... I know that God knows, but to be honest, it still makes me tremble.

Thanks for praying. I will probably write a post the week of his scan, to remind everyone that is it the time.

I also want to thank everyone for the encouraging and kind comments on facebook and here in regards to us going to seminary. You are a blessing.

Comments

  1. what a whack of emotions! And I can't imagine what you are going through...exciting times, and scary times. We wish you God's peace and encouragement, His nearness and dearness. Your little Grace is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for Micah to have peace before and during his MRI. Awesome that you are preparing him through prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment