News, News, I have news. (O:

Before my big news, I need to tell you that yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of Micah's big lung surgery. Really 2 years? How beautiful is that! God has blessed us with Micah's life in an incredible way. I can say it's a miracle that he is here with us and cancer free. I thank the Lord often that we went ahead with that surgery. I wasn't at peace with giving up and not doing the surgery, but I wasn't at peace with doing the surgery either. I was just closer to peace with surgery. God sure had His hand on us.  We had a sermon on Jairus and his daughter (Luke 8) a few weeks ago. He came to Jesus to tell Him that his daughter was dying and He needed to come quick. His daughter died and Jesus came and raised her from the dead. God doesn't exactly do miracles like He did in New Testament times, but  Micah's miracle is close.  I honestly don't think a lot of people really understand how close we came to having to give Micah back to the Lord.  I cried and cried through that sermon. We were very close experiencing the same loss as that man. I knew his hurting heart. I knew how it felt to plead with God to do something before it was too late.  I also know what it feels like to experience  healing from the Lord. Praise God for His amazing goodness. 

OK!! Who doesn't like news? (O:

I will first say: We are not expecting!  That is the first thing I usually think when I think of news. Hehe.

The Lord is leading our family to pick up and go to seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan for 4 years. I have to qualify that there is one more committee this needs to go through for approval, but we feel confident in sharing this now already. If something changes, we will tell you.

This is HUGE.

This is a big move for our little family. We have lived within 20 minutes of our house all our lives, except for 6 months in Hamilton and one year in the St Catherines area, just after we were married. But we knew that was just a stepping stone for Ken to come back and teach in our local Christian High School. All of our family is here within 20 minutes, except my sister, who lives about 35 minutes away. All of our family goes to our church, except my sister! Ken is one of seven. That is pretty amazing that we are all here. That doesn't happen often! (O:  We were baptized in our church as infants and have been here ever since. We have grown up with this church family. Some people have come and some people have gone, but the core is pretty much the same. They have been such a blessing, especially through cancer and we will miss them terribly. I think Sundays may be my toughest day. Family and friends can visit, but you can't recreate my church family somewhere else. You know?

I am not at all complaining, just explaining our lives. We are comfortable.  We have everyone and everything here. We are simply blessed.

As hard as this will be emotionally and as uncertain the future seems, there is such a sweet peace in surrender. It is right and comfortable to make this step. I don't feel dread. I am even a little excited. The Lord is calling us to step out of our comfy little box. We are going to start to let go and step out in faith.

We have seen over and over in our lives how God has taken care us, given us strength and grace and has supplied all of our needs and we know for a fact that this is no different. He never changes. To put it simply, He is faithful. He has been faithful and He always will be. He has promised. What comforting truths.

I have way more to say about how God brought us here. It is beauty out of ashes. Beautiful really. I need to talk about the kids. I need to talk about Ken. So much to say...... But I will do that another day. (O:

Please pray for us.

-That the Lord will continue to guide our steps and that we will listen.
-That we will continue to be given peace.
-That the heart's of our kids won`t hurt too much.  It is very hard for them. They are so sad to leave all that they know.  
- That Micah's scan in April will be clear. That would hurt so much. I can't even imagine the pain of it to be honest. It would also stop/postpone all of our plans. We couldn't leave our hospital,  family or church  if Micah wasn't well.

We are going and begin the process of selling our cute little house, that neeeeeedddssss tons of cosmetic work done on the inside. TONS!!!!!, that has 5 bedrooms,  a granny flat (that we use as part of our house), a very decent sized beautiful lot, with many mature pretty trees in a fantastic location. It's close to a park and you can even have camp fires here. ANYBODY want to buy a house? If you don't want to buy it, do you want to paint the inside and put trim up for us? hehe (O:

Thank you all for walking with us and loving us like you do! 

Comments

  1. After what you have been through with Micah, I feel like anything else will be a breeze! I know you will do great. And you will be a wonderful pastor's wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SO excited for you, but will really miss your family! You are all such a central part of our church family. I know any congregation will be blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard yesterday at church about 2 new students being accepted into seminary and was so happy! This has been something I've been praying for a lot recently, esp. with our church (Hamilton FRC) being now vacant and having dissapointing news that Dr.Bilkes has declined our call. There are so many vacant churchs in our denomination and not so many students. This news is such an answer to prayer! I will pray that you will all do well with the transition and changes that are going to take place in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me happy too! Though knowing what a huge change this will be, we will be praying for your whole family. Our door will be open when you get here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that is big - and exciting! Faith moves are the absolute best! I can't imagine doing it for the first time with five kids - but I know that God provides beyond our wildest imaginations. Expect lots of surprises and lots of blessings! We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Best wishes from Alberta,
    Tim and Jolene Pennings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Belinda. You have expressed exactly how we felt last year when we were going through the same transition. The Lord made everything for our move (selling our house etc. ) go amazingly well and has provided for us here above expectation. We have all adjusted very well and are enjoying our time here. We pray He will do the same for your family. Knowing that you are where the Lord wants you brings peace that you wouldn't want to trade for anything.

    I enjoy reading your blog and feel like I already know you, :) but am looking forward to meeting you in real life. If you have any questions about anything here I'd be happy to answer. Our email address is jgprocee@gmail.com. I should mention that I'm married to John Procee (a FRC student). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and your family as you go through this transition. Going where God leads is an awesome adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susanna Van KempenMarch 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

    Hi there Belinda, You don't know me but we have prayed for your little Micah many times, as we have been updated by the Rudy and Karen Schuurman family (Karen is my sister)--glad to hear he is so well!!!!!. As far as Grand Rapids.... I am sure you will like it, I am Canadian and have been here for 15 years :) It has been great!! Hope to meet you when you come this way!! Susanna Van Kempen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment