Check up day.

Micah has his regular check up today. We have these every 3 months. It is kind of fun to see Micah's Oncologist: Dr Z, Art Therapist: Veronica, and Case Manager: Barb. Those relationships run deep for both Micah and I.

The difference about today is that we are going in the morning. We haven't been in the morning since treatment time, about 23months ago. Usually our appointments are in the afternoon, not during full swing of clinic.

I find it a hard thing to go in when the beds are full of patients getting treatments. What was once "everyday" for us,  now shakes me. We have become outsiders in a way.

I am so thankful that it is not our everyday. For me, when we were in treatment, it became very normal. It had to be that way. Beautiful little bald children didn't make me turn my head. It was used to it.  Now when I see them I am overwhelmed with sadness and I want to hug the kids and parents. I know their sadness and pain too well.  I am also hit with such thankfulness that Micah is so healthy and strong, that it makes me want to weep in the middle of the hall.

So today for me will be a day of seeing sick kids and hurting parents, but will also be a day that will make me so thank to the Lord for His sparing mercies and incredible gifts.

Comments