Josiah

I have said many times that Josiah is truly an individual. I have never met anyone like him. He is himself all the time. There is no such thing as acting or putting on a show. He is genuine. When he thinks something, he says it, even if its shocking. If he has a question, he doesn't rest until he gets the answer. If he feels the need to dance, he does. If he has to burp, he does. It doesn't matter where we are. The same goes for the other function that is remarkable similar, but is not! (O:

We have the flu in this house. In the last 18 hours, Ken, Natalie, Josiah and Micah have all thrown up and been sick. Lovely!

Josiah started at 10 pm last night. He was so concerned about his nose being dirty that he almost kept missing the bowl. He said this morning at 8am, that he just can't be sick for so long. He is sick and tired and that he can't take it much longer. He was serious. It was very trying for him. Then half an hour later he threw up one more time and asked if he could go downstairs. I told him he should stay up here, so I can help him. Then he said that he felt better. He jumped up and down and said he is ALL better and then gave a giggle and ran away.

He thinks about things that I don't even know he hears. A month ago, I was talking to one of the other kids and telling them that school is very important. It is not only important for them to learn for their future, but it is the job that God has given him and he needs to use his talents and work to the best of his ability all the time. I didn't realize Siah heard it because he was already in bed during this conversation. The next morning we got out his school book and told me that he will stop asking when he gets to be done school and will just work harder! Sure, I would appreciate if he would quit asking, but his attitude and performance was not an issue at all. But he was convicted that he could do better.

The other day he gave me a quarter with a pink ribbon in the middle of it. He asked me if I wanted it. I told him that it is his and to go put it in his money cup. He looked at me with such serious eyes and said, "Mom, it teaches you about people that have cancer and that we have to pray for them. Its important, you wanna have it?"  Of course I took it.

On Wednesday night, Ken took the kids through the park to look at the lights. Out of the blue, Siah asked Ken if we are going to keep Grace. Ken said yes. Siah asked, "For a long time?" What a weird question. I was talking to him the next day and was laughing and smiling about his question with him. I told him that we were planning to keep them all. I asked him if he thought we should get rid of someone. I tongue in cheek asked him how he would like to go. He said so seriously, that Dad told him he was so special, so he has to stay. Haha. He makes me laugh.

He is a boy who not only thinks deeply, he feels deeply. His heart is soft and is hurt so easily. He has nightmares easily. He doesn't cry in the night, he weeps. When I hear him I go crawl into bed with him.. He looks into my eyes and tells me about the monster he has imagined. He then asks why God didn't keep the bad dreams away when that is what he prayed for before bed.

He has told me that he loves Jesus and needs to tell more people that He died on the cross for their sins. He is so tender towards the Lord. It makes my heart so thankful.

As smart and as sensitive as he is, he has a double measure of impracticality! (O: He has thought in the past that it is more important to wipe his eyes on the towel, than pick Grace up out of the tub water. You see they were in the bath together and she splashed him as she fell over. My back was to them and he didn't even think  about picking her up, because he had gotten water in his eyes. He can't put on his socks well or doesn't see what needs to be done. He takes as long as he needs to get ready to go. We are always rushing him and telling him to get going. He can never find anything. I am sure he will improve as he grows and as we teach him, but I am also sure that the Lord will provide a fantastic wife, who is practical to help him out! (O:

He has been so different from the rest since he was born. I wonder what the Lord has in store for this special boy. I love him dearly!

Comments

  1. Cute post! He sounds like such a sweetheart! Maybe he was wondering if Grace is staying because he might know about the uncertainty of Summer staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a funny love! Lol. VERY good write up!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet kid! Tell him they are all "keepers".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment