It's been a long time.....

Christmas time is fun. We have no school. Ken is home with us for 2 weeks. Yayayayay! We get together with family. (But, we are so blessed that it is not all that unusual to sit around the table with our families.) We buy some gifts. Although, we are thinking about the fact that we need nothing and are thinking more about how we could be giving more and showing the love of Christ to others! Exciting!

But I have been thinking a lot about CHRIST mas. I forsure have always recognized that Jesus came to earth at Christmas and know that without His coming, he couldn't have died and risen. In order to be forgiven and live with Him for all eternity, he had to have been born to earth. He had to be completely God, yet completely man.

I have to confess that I don't remember the last time, I have taken the time to sit still and bask in that beautiful truth. My heart has been closed to the Christmas story for many years. There is no reason. It was just sin.  I just didn't think about it much. I would listen to the sermons coming up to Christmas with boredom. I would think that we have heard this so many times. I know it. I get it. I despised Christmas carols. Part of that is because when I was teenager, I listened to them for over a month everyday, all day long at work. It got sick of them. They were also lumped in with all the annoying Jingle Bell Rock songs. This year I am actually listening to the beautiful Christmas songs and enjoying it.

How could I have been closed for so long? It is hard to understand. I have missed so much. How could my heart be tender to the Lord, but when it came to this time of year I was checking out? It makes no sense and is quite sad.

For the first time in years, my heart is tender and I am listening with anticipation to the story of Christ's birth. He came to earth for me? He suffered for me? Thank you Lord Jesus.

I came across a song on Facebook, that said everything to me. Please listen to it. It is pure delight. It is also nice and soft! (o;

CLICK HERE. YOU WON"T REGRET THE NEXT 4 MIN 25 SECONDS. I PROMISE!

Comments