It's done.

Micah's scan went well. It always does!

The lady who did the scan was new to us. Sometimes the people that do the scans are familiar to us.

She asked Micah if he had ever had a scan before. We both nodded our heads emphatically. At that point I started to go out. Micah can handle these scans without a problem. It is like riding his bike down the street. He has grown up so much. When we first started, I would put on a lead apron, hold his hand or touch his leg or head, and help him with holding his breath. As I was walking out, I heard her telling him about the loud noises and that a man will be talking to him over a speaker. She told him that if he couldn't hold his breath long enough to just let it out..... Micah listened intently. He was being so gracious and I was so proud of him. I know he just wanted to tell her that he knows, he has had like 60 of them. He can hold his breath, he is not scared and that he is 9!

I know this is how he is supposed to act. But it is one of the things I appreciate and love about him. I think my not so young, 9 year old is one special little guy. He has been through so much and I know that God has already used his life to touch and maybe even to change some people's lives. I pray that God will continue to use him for many more years.

Comments

  1. Oh Belinda, praying that all may look great with his scan! May God continue to uphold you and give you peace. You have a very precious and special 9 year old (as well as 4 more wonderful children)!
    God Bless!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment