A trip and a baby.

I have been blogging things in my head all week, but have had no time to get it down. On Wednesday, Ken and I hopped on the train early in the morning in Branford and took it to Toronto. We stayed over night and it was so great to get away on our own. I LOVE spending time just with Ken.

 Just so you know.... If you join the Delta Hotel Club for FREE, you get early check in and late check out. We checked in at 11am and checked out at 5 pm the next day. That is TEN extra hours of room. SO COOL! It made our get away feel much longer! I could never live in Toronto, but I SO ENJOY walking around there. I also really like the feel of the wind in the subway tunnel. I know that one is odd! I think it is so fun to watch people. The people are so strange. Although, I was thinking about all those thousands of people.... Each one is a soul.... So many lost people.

The MOST exciting thing that happened this week is that my little sister Tori had a baby.

 JACK ALEXANDER - August 26 - 4:10 pm - 7lb 10 oz


A pretty fantastic thing is that I got to go into the delivery room. AHHHHHH! So amazing!  I even got to cut the cord and then I got to snuggle a brand new goopy baby. My favourite! It was so beautiful and Tor did a great job. It was hard and it hurt, but she was tough. I was very proud of her. I almost started crying so hard when it was time for her to push. That is the BEST part and  I was so happy for two reasons. The first one is that she made it through the hardest part and being ready to push gave her new energy. The second one was that I have been talking to her about labor and pushing babies out for 13 years and she now got to experience it herself. SO SPECIAL!

Jack is my first nephew or niece on the Van Dyk side. On the Pennings` side, I believe Grace is about the 20th grandchild. I am too tired to count! (o: Although I really do love all the Pennings kids, having a little nephew that is part of my family is super amazing. SUPER DUPER amazing. 

Babies and giving birth doesn't get old for me. I was blessed to have great pregnancies and relatively great births. I would love to do that part again! (O: I also never pass up an offer of giving a good snuggle to little one. I am simply a baby person.  

This morning, I got a call to come to the hospital because Tor was bleeding. She needed to go to the OR to get sewn up. We are so thankful that everything is fine. God had His hand on her. She will have a bit of a long recovery. She will need help with her little Jackaroo and in the house. I am jumping at the job! (o: Between Justin, both sets of families and a few friends, we will take good care of her. 

 To be honest, today shook me up quite a bit. I had to be strong and take care of little man Jack, but I just wanted to cry.  I waited until I went home late in the afternoon so I could cry on Ken`s shoulder. The last thing Tor and Justin needed is a weepy helper. (o:

So I have had a exciting week!  

I better go to bed. It is my turn in the morning to be with Tor and Jack. I can`t wait to see them again. What a pleasure!





Comments