Some things I learned from camping...

A Poweraide bottle makes a good sippy cup when you lose the seal to Grace's cup.

Kids throwing up in the tent in the middle of the night is as bad as it sounds. It wouldn't hurt to bring throw up bowls camping.

I will appreciate my soft bed without sand in it for a long time.

Josiah wishes he was a chipmunk.

It feels good to have supplied "Chippy" with 6 months worth of peanuts. What a contribution!

For years, I only imagined that bears would scare me. Well after having the opportunity to hear one close up... I know for sure that they scare me.

Sleeping with all 5 kids in our tent was very special. Giving up some space and peace was worth it. Micah slept in our tent from the beginning with just the threat of bears. Josh joined the crew the night we heard our neighbours 2 doors down, banging on pots and yelling to scare away the bear. It's a good thing we have a huge tent.

I never thought I would be happy to see a HUGE, LOUD, RUSSIAN speaking family pull in a t 9:30 pm  across the road from us. I figured the noise would keep the bear away.  If not, maybe their mess would attract the bear to their sight and it would eat them and theirs instead of us. Either way it worked for me!

Josh is scared of bugs. He is even scared of daddy long legs. He hates them enough to jump into the back seat while we are driving.

I am hoping that it is acceptable to change my stinky little lady on a transport truck's flat bed, while the driver eats lunch in Mc Donalds.

Lastly, I have learned that I actually might not mind camping. Contrary to what I said to Ken while packing Monday morning, in the van on the way, and in the middle of setting up at 6:30 pm, after a loooooong drive... I will do it again.

(5,698 pictures to follow!) (o:

Comments

  1. Ahhh . . . camping!!! Sounds like quite an adventure! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself though and I'm looking forward to all those pictures!
    Denise VD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! And I'm glad you haven't given up on camping! It is an amazing way to build family memories. Nick's first and second trips after we got married were not so great, but the third one he loved and now he's the one suggesting we go again. You'll be all they way hooked soon enough and your kids will love you all the more for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. :) I love camping too, though I've never gone as a mother of little kids. That could change my perspective.
    Justine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made us laugh as well; we just returned from a week of camping last week with 6 children...
    Hope you are all rested up and doing well; we will remember you all in prayer to our faithful God. Peter & Lauralee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment