Baseball Trip to Toronto

Last weekend, the 3 big kids (Josh, Micah and Nads), Ken and I went to Toronto for 2 days. We parked at the Subway station on Kipling and took the Subway downtown. We stayed at a Holiday Inn on Bloor, near Spadina. It was a very clean hotel with great service, in a good location for us, plus at a very decent price.

I said on my blog a few weeks ago, that Sunfest was multicultural... Yikes, forget I said that! Toronto is incredible. I think we may have been the minority on the subway. It was so neat. It was also Carabana that weekend and we saw some very strangely dressed people. I loved watching the kids catch my eyes and raise their eyebrows. It was bizarre! (o:

This is the view from our room.


The hotel didn't have a pool. But we had access to a big Jewish Center, just down the street. It had a great work out place and a fun pool for the kids. I LOVE THIS PICTURE! (o:


I like this truck. It is such an old one, but had such personality.


I loved seeing these guys running with their passengers. I think its a great way to make money, while training for a marathon! (o:


Josh thought the cars were amazing! Ferrari?


On the Friday night, Ken and the boys took in a game while Naddie and I swam and just relaxed. It was nice to have a girls night. On the Saturday morning, we made our way to the Roger`s Center for a game. It was kid`s day, so they had autograph signing, a jumpy thing, face painting etc.- Neat atmosphere.

I like this next pic. The kids are watching so seriously. We started out in one spot, but it was soooo sunny, that we were broiling. So we moved to a shadier seat. It was so well worth the move. While Ken was scouting out a  place to move to, he stopped to watch somewhere and saw a guy propose by putting a ring on his lady`s hotdog and waiting for her to eat to it. K, that is kind of cute, but I am not sure I would choose it! (o:



Here we are waiting in the LONG line for the kids to run the bases. The line was all the way up the walkway, but only took about 15 minutes to get to the field. This was a big deal for my kiddies.


Poor Micah lost his black, Jays hat a few days before the game. He was very disappointed!



Here is the bull pen, for those of you who know baseball! (o:


The kids are trying to be cool here. I was a little giddy too. It was neat. I am not impressed by the players. Sure, they are good and they make ridiculous money, but I almost feel bad supporting it. It is almost wrong????? Not sure yet! (o:  But the field is pretty impressive. It is beautiful!



There is Josh running the bases, I told them to go slow, so I could catch them. It was hard to get them. They ran fast.


There is Micah with the red hat and blue shirt towards the back. Natalie is just in front of Micah with the purple shirt and hat.


Ooooo, Aaaahhh!!! The dugout! (o:


The must have picture of the CN Tower from the field!


THE SUBWAY. I wish I could have taken more pics of the subway. It was fun and quite an experience. We didn`t do any driving the two days. It was great to hop on and off and do a lot of walking. I do not like Toronto usually. I discovered it was because of the driving. I would go to Toronto for a few days with Ken if we would use the subway. Even better, we should take the train in from London. That sounds so fun to me.


This weekend was so fun. It was amazing to get away. I didn`t take nearly enough pictures and some of them didn't turn out well, color wise at all. I am having trouble lately getting great pictures!  This is pretty much all of them. That is quite pathetic for me. (o: There were so many times I wished I had my camera out. I wanted to take pictures of people, but didn`t feel comfortable. There were signs we saw as we walked. There was the Jewish center, a mosque and even a `Monk` place of some sort. See I should have taken a picture of it, so I could have remembered it! (o: Those are the things I am interested in. I could do without the baseball. (o:

Thank you Kim for taking care of Grace and Josiah so well. Josiah has asked 3 times this week, if you would come and visit HIM. (o:

I am blessed.

Comments

  1. Looks like you all had fun! I like the proposal, very... ummm unique :) lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment