Off to the Ball Game

Baseball is done for the year. I didn't get great pics this year of Nads and Micah. I am actually really disappointed at how these pictures turned out.  Here are a few I have from the last game. Some are fuzzy because I was standing so far away. My birthday is coming up.... HINT HINT! I guess, there is no use hinting since Ken doesn't read my blog! (o:

I love it that the kids were on the same team. Next year that won't be the case. Micah will be too old.  On this team there were 7,8 and 9 year olds.

First Natalie's..... Ladies first! (o:
Just waiting for the pitching machine to get lined up. Ken often helped on the field coaching. 

I love how she stands. I can just hear Ken and the boys, saying in the backyard, "Elbow up Nads!"  She can belt that ball. On the Friday night of the playoffs, she wacked a line drive over the 2nd baseman! (o: Girls are usually discounted on these boys' teams, especially since she is the youngest age on this team. It is so fun to watch her. She is still learning fielding.She can stop the ball, but figuring out what to do with it next is the hard part! (o:



This one is super fuzzy, but I love how she is so focused on hitting that ball. I don't know if she hit this one!


Now Micah....

This is Micah's last year in this age group. Next year he will have pitchers instead of the machine. He is so ready. Josh is a pitcher and they practice together.  I hope Micah has the opportunity next year.

Ready to go!

Warming up!



Ohhh so fuzzy..... But great intensity! (o:


Hanging in the dugout with his guys.



Getting in line to shake hands. They were a little disappointed. They had a chance at going to the playoffs. They had a good team this year. But it just didn't work out!  It's good for them to lose once in a while. What do they always say? Oh yes, it builds character! HAHA! (O:

I thought the kids would put away their gloves for awhile, but as I type this they are out playing catch. It will feel good to throw out the schedule and put away the uniforms. There will be no more worrying if the uniforms are clean, where the cleats are, if the baseball bags are packed or if the little kid's game and Josh's game times overlapped. I think our record was 5 games in a week, with a few of those being in London. Yikers.

If Ken wasn't home in the summer, we couldn't do this. But the kids love it and we think it is so important. Being homeschooled, the kids miss out on organized sports through the school year. Last year they did do a baseball clinic or camp? for 12 weeks through the winter and that was fun. But actually playing on a team, is good!

Comments

  1. Looks like so much fun! I too love summer sports even though they do take up a lot of nights. They are some of my favorite summertime memories!
    Denise VD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment