Highland Games

Today, we went to Embro for the Highland Games. I didn't get tons of pics because the batteries died in the camera. Bummer!

So the first picture is of my least favourite part! Haha. The drums are neat, but the bagpipes and I don't exactly get along. Strangely, Ken likes this part. I think that is weird!!! (o:


Can't have a picture post without Grace! (o: She was such a good girl, even though it was hot and she napped for maybe 30 minutes all day.


This is the part we like the best. THE TUG OF WAR. It is so crazy fun. They pull hard. Sometimes a match was over in 15 seconds, sometimes in 1 min 30. It was intense. They wear skate boots for the support. They have a coach screaming at them. There are mens, open and ladies competitions. Cool, cool, cool. The team that won was from Wisconsin.




See this kid? He is doing a bagpipe test. Really? I always picture old guys with beards bagpiping. But there were tons of kids doing it. I think its like a piano exam. We were eating lunch beside this guy while he was taking his test and he had to play for 20 minutes straight.  How do the adjudicators  know if they are playing right? It all sounds loud and screechy. Hehe. (O:


Crazy Siah was laying by this cute dog. He kept putting the stick by the dog so it would play with him.(o: My kids just want a dog. I am such a mean mom!


Here is where the camera died. So sad! (o: It was a fun day and I am so thankful for the blessings the Lord has given us!

Comments

  1. You may want to pity me. Two of our sons are learning the bagpipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment