Downtown London....

Sunfest is a  festival downtown London in the park. It is full of music, things to buy and food from all over the world.  This is something Ken and I usually go to by ourselves, but this year we took all the kids. We thought they would love the atmosphere and love to listen to the music.  There was a group from Jamaica that was pretty neat. They listened for about 10 minutes and that was that. I was kind of disappointed. Ken and I like to put a chair down and just sit and watch people and listen to the music. Ken goes for the food. Haha. He goes everywhere for the food! (o: He loves strange HOT food. So he usually gets at least 3 different things to try. I would say he likes the food from India the best.


Natalie and Siah loved this mural that they were able to paint on.


I love love love this picture. It was SOOOOOO crowded so we walked in single file, with me at the back so we didn't lose anyone. It thinned out for a minute so I was able to take this picture of my 4 ducklings following Ken! (o:

Melt my heart! Her lips formed this at the end of saying MOM. She was asking for more yogurt!

I really enjoy the multicultural part of the festival. There are hoity people, people who have their lives in a grocery cart and all the people in between present. There so many races represented as well. I think its important to take the kids out and let them see all the different people. We tend to live in a little world with all dutch, reformed people. There is a whole world out there! (o: I could have taken so many more of the different people, but there were too many people in the way.





Grace waiting for a bite of curry chicken. She paid for that with a nasty stomach ache. Now wait... Maybe it was the fries or icecream that gave her a sore stomach! (o:

On the way home, Pippa was so hot. We had stopped at No Frills and part of my groceries were choco icecream  popcicles. She wanted to have one so bad. You can see the tear streaks down her cheeks. Look at her cutie dimples.


I can't wait to go again next year. We are going without all the little people next time! (o: I have a few neat pics of Natalie letting go of her balloon, but I will save them! This was a lot already!

Comments

  1. hey belinda,
    looks like it is a neat place to go & experience different things! we love going to places like this, but experience has told me NOT to bring the little ones....they just don't appreciate the uniqueness of it or have the patience to endure a full day of it. they'll enjoy it more when they're older ;)! great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment