Tears and Joy

This past Monday, it has been a year since we had to stop treatment because of the size of Micah's tumor. It had grown substantially since the last scan. The chemo was not working. I will never forget coming home and telling Ken that they didn't give Micah his chemo. There are no words.

It wasn't until Monday afternoon that I remembered. When I did remember, it took my breath away. The heaviness of the feelings of that day completely overwhelmed me. I cried and whispered the name of Jesus.

Once the rush of tears was gone, I was still. I was calm. I felt joy. Micah has been given another year with us. He will be here with us to see the flowers bloom and to slip his stubby fingers with chewed up nails into mine as we walk the beach in the spring.

As time goes by, the memories are still so vivid and hurt just as much. But, as we get further away from surgery, the more our perspective changes. The hurt is mingled with such thankfulness and joy.

Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow!

Comments

  1. SO very thankful with you, words fail me. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and for your testimony & example of faith. It is an encouragement to me & to so many. Micah is still up on our prayer board, a much loved and very special little boy whose life is proof of the power of prayer, and a reminder of how our God loves to hear and answer. :) May God continue to bless and strengthen Micah for a long healthy life that brings glory to his God who saves! So thankful we can trust Him in all things. Have a great week, Belinda!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment