A Simple Wish

Yesterday on the facebook, I came across a status that was put up by a lady I know from the hospital. She has a son who is undergoing treatment right now. I am happy to say he is almost done!

Here is the status.

Max Low is 12 years old from Neola IA. He has been battling cancer of half of his life. His doctors recently told his parents to enjoy the time they have left with him. His wish is to get 1 million cards. If you would like to help Max get his wish please send a card to: 
Mighty Max Low, C/O Greg and Bambi Low 
PO Box 111 
Neola, IA 51559

This makes me sad.  I don't know him or his family. But he is someones son, maybe a brother, a grandson, a nephew, a friend, a student....... He is someone very special to many people.

By the words in this status, it is quite clear that he is not going to be receiving anymore treatment. He is going to lose his life. Jesus, please be near this family!

You know, I can almost put myself in their position. We were so close. It feels as if we have joined a club, of the "almost".

When we thought we would most likely lose our boy, we would have moved the earth for him. I had wanted so badly to travel with him one more time. I would be being dishonest if I told you that I LOVE travelling with a host of small people. But I would have packed up in a heartbeat to bring Micah to the ocean. Since we couldn't really leave Canada with a sick boy, I was thinking BC. He would love the coast. I needed to hear that sigh, that only the beauty of the ocean could give him. It wouldn't be the same as the cruise, but at least he could hear and feel that feeling. He didn't articulate that he would like to do this. But he is my boy, I know him. The doors didn't open for us to do that last year. It wasn't time.  But if we are ever in that position , I pray that the doors will open wide for us.  It would have given me a relief to give that to him. I could rest. 

We receive the ultimate rest in knowing Jesus Christ as our Savior. Knowing that Micah will be with the Lord also gives us rest. What a blessing that is.

I wish I could explain to you "this rest"....... I don't think I can find the words. So just take my word for it.

Please send that little guy a card.

Make him sigh. Let his parents hear him sigh. 



Comments