A look at our week.

I wanted to post some random details about the past week and some simple thoughts, but I really don't feel like writing! So I kind of did a post in point form with pics in between. It does the job! (o:



Natalie is getting so big!

I will pay 50 cents extra for Dawn dish soap. It is way better than Palmolive and PC brand. Just so you know.....(O:

Grace is cruising around the house.


I am in love with asparagus. I wish it was free. We have eaten it 5 times in the last 2 weeks, because it has been on sale for under 2$ a lb. I just bought 2 more today. Yum. Even Grace ate some yesterday. Good girl.

She figured out how to ride her horsey this week. If you look closely you will see the Value Village price tag. It was such a good deal, I am going to leave the sticker on (4.99)! That is quite a deal, it is an expensive horse (o:
.

We all have bad sinus colds. Grace is so much better. Josh is not well at all and is SO miserable. I get it.

Ken cleaned out the furnace room and organized my freezer downstairs earlier this week, just because he loves me. Yesterday he made the deal with me that if I did some simple marking,  (T or F, fill in, multiple choice) he would clean the basement for me. What a deal! (o: What a lovey I have.

The 2 boys got their hair cut today. The lady styled Micah's like a mohawk. Good thing the glue like gel will wash out. He loves it, I don't. (o:


After a time of sadness, I am going through a time of extreme thankfulness for the blessings God has given me.

Every time Ken has a holiday from school and he is home all day, I realize how good we will be at being retired. I love being with him.

Grace turned 9 months this week. She is finally getting teeth. Her two top front teeth are coming through.


Next week is the week a year ago that they stopped Micah's treatment because it wasn't working and he had surgery.

Next week on this day at about 2pm, I will start dropping my kids off at various family members houses because Ken and I will be going away for 2 nights. Saying I can't wait is an understatement.  May I scream here? (o: We are staying close. Micah doesn't love it when we leave. The last three years have taken a toll on him emotionally. He feels better when we are close. When he feels good, I feel good!

Spring thrills me. Josiah picked me my first flower today. So, out comes the little flower glasses that sit on my counter for the spring and summer months! (o:


Paying 25 cents to use a cart is silly. If I really didn't want to take the cart back, 25 cents wouldn't persuade me to do it. If I wanted to steal a cart, 25 cents is a good deal! (o:

A picture of my kids favourite "feast".


I learned something this week, that I should have already known with the life God has given us.  I always thought that because God promises that what He plans for us will be for our good, I figured that it would mean we are happy. When he says "for our good", doesn't that mean that we should like it? I was wrong.  A beautiful girl who is about 13 years younger than me, who lives in Uganda and has adopted 14 girls explained it in the best way ever! "God’s grace is not blessing, earthly reassure, our security or even the security of our children. God’s grace is not that all is “well” and right in my eyes. God’s grace is not when He saves us but that He saved us."  You can read her blog HERE. She has been a blessing to me. See if you can find the post that tells how she came to live in Uganda. Beautiful. I want to be like her when I grow up!


The End.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your post Belinda. Gracie is such a cutie, good enough to eat :) I am so happy for you that you had a good week. Enjoy your time away with Ken!
    So true what you wrote about trusting that whatever the Lord plans for us is for our good. The experience of God's plan for our lives can hurt deeply. Still, it is at the same time a great comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, fun update! I love random thoughts and comments! We love asparagus too! We make a cheese sauce(just a white sauce with grated cheese) and eat the asparagus on toast with the cheese sauce poured on top. Yum! So healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! 25 cents has prevented me from shopping at "FreschCo" two weeks in a row! I had a toonie or a pennie. With two kids and a weeks worth of groceries I can't do it without a cart. I was slightly annoyed...but this week I found a quarter and will leave it in the van for the future...until someone "steals" it for the collection at church or sunday school! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment