44 hours of quiet.....

Ken and I went on a little 44 hour holiday the last few days. All our kids found a place to sleep for 2 nights and it was wonderful. We used to do this every Christmas break and every summer for 2 nights each time. But in the last 3 years, it really hasn't worked out that way. So we are so thankful that it worked. I love spending time with Ken. It is great to be husband and wife for a few days without being mom and dad too. We know that we love each other and are best friends everyday. There is no doubt. But being together without any distractions is special.

We did stay close this time.  Grace is pretty little and Micah won't say it, but he doesn't love it when we leave. We don't mind staying close, then we don't have to waste time driving!   We stayed here once when Micah was still in treatment and really liked it. I have to admit that I am very picky when it comes to hotels and inns! This one passes! (0:

This is the view from the deck.

The flavour of the room was very classic. It was so calming, spacious, modern and clean. It had tons of light!  I loved it!

I have to say that I wanted to take that chair, by the desk, home. It was super comfy. It was almost like a lazy boy desk chair. I wouldn't complain  if we could take the big tub home either! (O:

I always like to take a picture of us on our outings. I forgot to do it while we were there. So we did it when we got home. It is not the same, but it will do the job. We always seems to look  tired and pretty bad in these outing pictures. But I have to document it anyways!  I didn't realize how scruffy Ken looks! Hahaha. He better shave in time for school!  We usually come home more tired than before we left. I am not sure why that is. Maybe it is because we finally let go and relax and realize how tired we really are. It is like Ken getting sick on Christmas holidays. It used to happen almost every time. Anyways.....We are happy and had a great time together!  I love this man. He is so special.

So we are back in our home that is full of kids, laundry, school books, dirty floors, bottles and dirty bums. But I am so thankful for these things. Sometimes you need to step out of your life, to really appreciate what you have. I won't lie though.... I did already ask Ken when we can get away again! Don't tell him, but I want to go for a week next time! (o:

Comments