This weekend has been a beaut. It's been so nice to have everyone home and I don't want it to end. I feel like we are just getting started.

A few of the kids went for a walk on the elevated bridge on Sunday afternoon. I love these pictures. They are roads we travel every single day. This perspective is so big picture! (:
(photo cred Nat and Micah)








A messy Sunday night supper on the fire. I am not a fan of our fire pit so close to the field. When the field is planted, I am paranoid that we are going to start the field on fire because that is something that would happen to us. (winky face)



Leaves on our trees thrill me...



But the expanse of grass we have to cut - not so much. We have lots of sections:  by the road, down the side of the laneway, a chunk in front of the house, a chunk, behind the house and the backfield. We have two push mowers and the kids and I cut every day last week. We got it done and now we have to start over again. It's kind of like the wash, but much better exercise!! (:

Siah and Ken cutting.



She is a yummy, but dirty baby. The smores that she ate is evident on her face.



I love the big sky we have. Sometimes I take for granted where we live. We are so blessed to live in such beauty. Too often I focus on the fact that I long to own our house or that we are pretty smushed in this house. But if we have to rent and be smushed, it's a pretty gorgeous place for it to happen. We can breathe here. There is so much open space. Gorgeous!





This summer, we are mostly going to be home. We are doing 2 nights with our Pennings family and Ken is taking the middle 3 or 4 camping for 4 ish nights up north. They are excited to go with Ken on their own and I am excited for them to go! (: Things are more fun without a Tessa and a mom. So they will enjoy and I will use those days to plan my school year. Fun.

I am kind of excited to be home this summer. The first summer that we moved into this house, we didn't really settle in that summer. We felt very upside down.  Last summer we went out east (WHICH WAS SO FUN!!) and we went to MBC. It felt like a very quick summer and we weren't home all that much. As fun as it is to be away, I love being home. We are going to spend our summer swimming, playing volleyball and badminton. It's going to be great!

So since we are home, we decided to get a pop-up pool. Ken rototilled the area and is making sure it's totally flat. It would be tragic if we got it up and it bulged and broke! Tessa and Grace are still in their pjs. So cute.



Grace has started to enjoy cooking. Ken loves cooking too. This morning they made french toast with french bread. It was delish and she was proud!



A few kids, who didn't want to be pictured, were feeling the need for a giant marshmallow after lunch today.



Siah had a ball game tonight. It's too bad it was scheduled on a holiday. It was still fun though.



We were planning to end the night with a few baby fireworks, but it was rainy and Tessa went to bed early, so we are going to save them! The kids lit off a few poppers on Saturday night and Tessa thinks they are amazing!



It's been a nice weekend. I am so looking forward to summer time when this pace is normal! (:

Comments