We are here.

So we are here in Ontario. We have been here for 3 weeks and are settling nicely. A few of the kids long for who GR holds, but they are still doing well. We are enjoying our house. It will do us so well!!  It's smaller than we are used to, but has a fabulous living room. The kitchen is great and our bedroom is HUGE - It feels like our own house. Delight. We have beautiful trees and lots of room to walk and play. The kids will even be able to have some sweet air soft wars around the buildings on our property. The sunsets over the wheat fields are breath taking. It's stunning. Josh took these pictures on his phone early one morning.



We are so thankful to be getting settled again. Being on the other end of moving is so much better. I still feel a little upside down, but in a few weeks we will have found our normal here. All I have to say about moving is that it's DONE!! It was a tough move and I have decided that I would rather go through labor than do that again anytime soon. I packed terribly and by moving day I didn't care whether things got thrown in the garbage, packed in a garbage bag or left behind. Since I packed terribly, unpacking is more of a challenge. On the the way to GR, my packing was a thing of beauty. I was unpacked and settled in 4 days. So now I can write an article on what not to do and how to do it right! haha! (:

The border went fine on moving day. It took us 7 hours to get from 32 Elwell to our new home. When we would make trips back and forth on a regular day, we could make it in 4 hours with a stop. The border was backed up big time and we had to go in and wait for a long time. We were finished by the time we got here. We arrived at around 5pm, which was much later than we anticipated, and were greeted by our family and friends. We were thankful to have arrived and truly thrilled to see our people, but truthfully, I was so tired and overwhelmed that I wanted to crawl into the wheat field and have a nap and maybe a good cry.

These were taken this afternoon. Tessa is often very needy during the day and I was desperate for her to be settled. So I tried laying her in a bean bag. I think she loved it so much because she was almost sitting up like a big girl. She just wants to be big. Since I wasn't getting anything done anyways, I thought I would try to get a few pics of her.  She is 3.5 months here. (:

 

Look at her belly! Love it. Her hair is super funny. She is losing the sides and keeping the top. I guess that is the style right now! (: 


When she is happy, she talks so much. This is the shape of her lips when she is cooing.  It makes me heart smile.


She loves her Elly.


His and her trucks? Haha! We filled the big truck quickly. So we got a smaller one that I drove. Josh drove the van and Ken's cousin drove our other van the following week when they came down. I was worried about the driving the truck, but it went well.



Natalie having a rest!

A few of Micah's friends that were at our house on moving day. Micah  misses them dearly.


Josiah and 2 of his goofy friends!


Natalie and her good friends.


Natalie and Ella. Ella is a love that lived down the street from us. She spent a lot of time at our house and fit in very well with our family. The kids talk to her everyday.


This is what happens when someone else packs the shoes on moving day. I didn't have a pair. I was wearing one of Josh's and one of Micah's. The red one was too small and the blue one was too big. Grace didn't have a pair at all and Micah couldn't find his shoes. After looking for a long time, we did find a pair for Grace! (:


The last pictures in front of a house that holds many memories for us. I loved this house and am thankful for the year we spent in it. They are years that will never be forgotten and will always be dear! 


Look at how little they were when we moved to GR. It's crazy what a difference 4 years makes!Those poor babies were so sad to leave Ontario. We had no idea that we would all love it so much in GR. Siah is wearing the same crocs in the picture above that Micah was wearing in the picture below. It makes sense as they are 4 years apart! (:


Look at poor Tessy's hair. I had just given her a bath and didn't brush her hair. We left 5 minutes after this picture was taken and we all look exhausted already.


The days following the move we suffered from flies. It's what I pictured the plague to be in Egypt. They were everywhere. This was a pig farm and so there will be naturally more flies and during the unloading of the trucks the doors were wide open.  It was awful. We just now have the flies under control. So here Grace is on fly duty. I gave her my phone and let her watch something on You Tube, but she had to kick her feet every minute to keep the flies off of Tessa while she slept. It's super cute how she is sitting there. But it was nuts! So if you ever come to my house, quick in and quick out. lol


I love having a fireplace in between the kitchen and dining room.


Natalie loves holding Tessa this way. It's her little Budda pose. 


This is how Tessa slept when she was in the living room during the day so the flies didn't land on her. See there is one right on her chair.


We are getting used to milk bags again. They are rather annoying though. There is a variety store that sells milk in gallon jugs for 50 cents more. I think I am going to do it! (:


Sweetness


Look at all of our trees! We are in the exact opposite position of what we had before. In GR we had 1 tree. Literally. Tessa LOVES it if we take her for a walk down the driveway so she can look up at the trees. She thinks they are amazing, especially when it's windy!  (: The kids are using an old sheet of plastic we had for an ice rink as a slip and slide. We don't have air here and its HHAAAATTTTT.



I have more pictures to share of our home. But I have reached my picture quota this time! (:




Comments