I have written so many half blog posts in the last few days. None of them really make sense or are cohesive. They are just ramblings.

I will try again.

Tomorrow is scan day. Micah has a port flush at 5 and the scan is at 5:30. We will most likely be out of there by 5:45. It is all very quick and routine.

For us this was to be just a formality. Micah had an XRAY a month ago telling us that things look fine. But the doubts and the fears have not stayed away. Hearing that our friend Jesse's cancer has come back the third time, has shaken us to the core. We hurt so much for her and her family. Cancer is devastating, whether it hits old or young. But because of our experiences, when a child has cancer it affects us deeply. We know the pain and at times the anger, hopelessness, helplessness and sorrow involved, especially when it is the 2nd or 3rd time.

Today we had family pictures. I love family pictures. I love professional pictures of my kiddies. I don't so much love pictures getting taken of me. (o:

When we get pictures done, I thank the Lord that they are being done because we want to get them done, not because Micah is sick and we need to do the last family picture with the seven of us. We did that once and I pray we will never have to do that again. It was hard. But again, because of our experience we always wonder if this will be the last family pictures we take in a relaxed, fun way.

We can think and wonder all we want, but in all my life my worrying has never helped. If anything it wastes my days and is sin. I need to look at the blessings the Lord has given. They are so many.

When talking to myself there are a few things I need to remember and maybe this will help one of you today too:

His grace is sufficient
His strength is enough
Whether things are happy or sad, He is always good.
He is always faithful.
When we are obedient and submissive to the Lord, He will give peace.

This SONG  is my new favouite.  Perfect Peace by Laura Story. Listen to it please..... I think you may like it.

Comments