Micah + 20 lbs

Micah and I were just looking at pictures from his time on treatment.  I wish I was blogging then. I would have been able to document them all, so neat and tidy.  In the future, when I have more time I would love to write about Micah's last 3 years and include all the Micah updates and pictures from that time. It would be a neat way to remember. Although the pictures serve as a reminder of hard times, we still look at them. I am not sure why. Micah went from a normal size little man, to such a small little guy, to a hulk that we don't recognize.

Today when we were looking at the pictures we came across pictures of Micah when he was on steroids. We laughed so hard. It is much easier to look at his chubby pictures and be able to laugh rather than looking his sickly, skinny pictures and wanting to cry. At least we know that when he was chubby like this that the cancer was actually gone.  It has been a while since we looked at them. I really wouldn't recognize him walking down the street if he looked like that.  If you compare him in these pictures to the picture of him on the side bar of the blog..... Wowsers!

Micah wanted to show you what he looked like in his extreme chubbiness. I like it that he wants to share, it is a good indication to me of where he is emotionally. He wanted me to put way more pictures on. Maybe I need to share more of those pictures of him on his journey for him on here. In way I think he wants to tell his story and his pictures are a way he could do that. Hmm, I have to think about this one.

So here he is........


I think that this is at Port Bruce in March of 2009. He had been done treatment for a month or a little longer. But he stayed on steroids until June of that year.You can see that his eye brows are starting to come back in and he has fuzz on his head.

|This was taken in January of 2009. This was Micah's last inpatient chemo. He is a few hours from going home. We were on our way downstairs to take pictures of certain things that we had memories of. We didn't really plan on coming back to this part of the hospital.


Fun at Art Therapy. Natalie is so little. You sure do see how much she loves Micah.



Micah's 7th birthday - Jan 2009. This is the day he understood that he could have died. It was a day of rejoicing that he was with us. But it was a day that his heart hurt so much.



Would you have recognized him? (O:

Comments

  1. When we met Micah he was not well, and I can remember when he looked like this. Him looking like himself now is (or, was, we've gotten used to it :) new for us. He sure looked different when on steroids. But either way, he is a handsome lad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would recognize him in any picture except maybe the first one. I agree with Carmen though . . he is handsome:)
    I think it would be great to document your journey of the last three years (though I know it would be a lot of time and work). It's neat that Micah is wanting to tell his story. We enjoy all your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, I remember this time=0) I thot he was still handsome tho! And I loved his chubbiness! He definitely looks more like himself now, but he still has that glean in his eyes that makes you can't help but smile and know he's up to something;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment